Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby boy... your room is ready!

Little one, many people have contributed to your nursery with gifts and handmade items to show you how much you are loved. Maybe you should come on out here and see for yourself!



Here's where I'll sleep on maternity leave, so we don't wake up your Daddy seven times a night. Grandma Mitchell sent you this little doggie pillow, because she knows you will be a dog lover. Noni Isaac sewed the green pillow for you, and believe it or not, I sewed the one with the white button on it.





One of your Daddy's favorite songs- and also good advice for your Mommy.




One of my favorite elements in the room- the green glider! This was your grandparents' (Isaac) gift to the nursery, which Noni then recovered in green fabric.





Had to squeeze in a train or two, since I love them





You'll have lots to look at from your crib!




But don't look too closely at the yarn-wrapped letters... they didn't come out exactly as I'd planned...


(And we'll have a first initial soon!)



This beautiful quilt was made by your great Aunt Liz




Here's where you get your tushie wiped... pretty exciting, right?


A closer look: Uncle Toby drew a whole series of pictures of our little family, and I had to frame one.


Last, but certainly not least, Noni made you this amazing quilt with letters and shapes! Maybe it will help you learn the alphabet one day

I'll do my best to keep the riffraff out... but no promises!









Now, all we need is you! And I can't wait until Grandma Mitchell can come out and see everything in person

1 comment:

Jeff said...

As close to perfect as anyone could wish for. You've a great sense of space, color, and what? -- elegance I think. What a lovely environment! So many beautiful objects and so much that's been hand made by loving rellies. Plus a train!